CompTIA A+ certification is a globally recognized program that certifies IT professionals in areas such as technical support, installation, troubleshooting, and security. By obtaining this certificate, you will be able to demonstrate your competency in these areas, and be attractive to potential employers.
So, how can you acquire the IT fundamentals and become CompTIA A+ certified? Here are the steps you need to take:
1. Understand the fundamentals of IT: Before diving into the CompTIA A+ training, it’s important to have a solid understanding of the fundamentals of IT. You need to understand the basics of computer hardware and software, networking, and operating systems. If you don’t have a strong background in these areas, you can take ImpactTek hands-on CompTIA A+ training with job placement
2. Fulfill the CompTIA A+ prerequisites: Before you can sit for the exam, you must fulfill the prerequisites. This includes having some hands-on IT experience and learning IT fundamentals. Click here for free IT fundamentals YouTube course.
3. Study and take the CompTIA A+ exams: Once you’ve fulfilled the prerequisites, you can start studying for the CompTIA A+ exams. You will need to study for the two exams, which are the CompTIA A+ 1101 Core 1 hardware and CompTIA A+ 1102 Core 2 software . Each exam covers a different set of topics, so make sure you study each one thoroughly. The exams are available at testing centers around the world including ImpactTek testing center and can be taken online. Below is steps on how to schedule CompTIA exams:
- Create and log into CompTIA account by going to website: https://login.comptia.org
- Once you log in, click schedule exam on the top menu bar
- Follow instructions to schedule exam
- Call ImpactTek at 571-358-8565 to get 25% off on CompTIA exam vouchers. The regular price for A+ is $246 per part but if you buy it from ImpactTek you will get it for $185.
To keep your certification current, you need to recertify every three years. By following these steps, you can acquire the IT fundamentals and become CompTIA A+ certified. Doing so will demonstrate your knowledge and expertise in the IT field, and make you a more attractive applicant for potential employers.
CompTIA A+ Hands-On Training
CompTIA A+ certification is the industry standard for entry-level IT professionals. It is a globally recognized certification that proves your knowledge and skills as an IT technician. With this certification, you can validate your knowledge, demonstrate your expertise, and show employers that you are prepared for the tech industry’s challenges.
But getting CompTIA A+ certified isn’t always easy. It requires dedication, hard work, and a sound understanding of the topics covered in the exam. To help you prepare to take and pass the CompTIA A+ and give to you the knowledge, skills and tools needed to be successful in the fast-growing IT support, ImpactTek has developed a 3-month hands-on CompTIA A+ with job placement training program. The program consists of:
- CompTIA A+ 1101
- CompTIA A+ 1102
- Access to CompTIA Certmaster Learn and Labs for 3 months.
- Job search assistance: resume building, job search and interview preparation.
In a hands-on approach, you will:
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows 10 and Mac OS
- Learn how to fix common desktop and laptop hardware issues, such as motherboard, CPU, RAM, hard drive, etc.
- Configure Windows 10 system using Control Panel and Windows troubleshooting tools
- Configure Active Directory Accounts and Policies
- Learn IT networking concepts, IP addressing, protocols, ports, network commands and network configuration
- Learn how to fix internet, computer performance, and virus issues
- Learn software troubleshooting techniques and operational procedures
Click here to get more information on our hands-on CompTIA A+ 1101 and 1102 training with job placement.
In the training program, we first, make sure you understand the basics of computer hardware and software. This includes understanding the different components of a computer, the different types of software, and how to troubleshoot common computer issues. Understanding these concepts will help you answer questions on the CompTIA A+ exam.
Then we will help you take practice exams. Taking practice exams will help you get familiar with the exam format and the types of questions that you may encounter. There are plenty of practice exams available online or in books. Take advantage of these resources to help you prepare.
Third, we will help you understand the topics covered on the exam. The CompTIA A+ exam covers a wide range of topics, including network fundamentals, security, mobile devices, operating systems, hardware, software, and troubleshooting. Reviewing these topics ahead of time will help you prepare for the exam.
Finally, practice your skills. Once you have a good understanding of the topics covered on the exam, practice your skills with hands-on experience. This could include setting up networks, installing software, conducting troubleshooting exercises, and more. Doing this will help you build confidence and prepare for the exam.
Getting CompTIA A+ certified is not easy, but you can achieve it with dedication and hard work. Follow these tips to help you prepare for the exam and get one step closer to becoming a certified IT professional. Good luck!
Get IT help desk job
If you’re looking to land an IT help desk job, the CompTIA A+ certification is a great way to get your foot in the door. The certification can help you stand out in a competitive job market, and positions you as a knowledgeable and experienced IT professional.
To get started on your CompTIA A+ certification, you can take an online training course or attend an in-person class. Both options will provide you with the knowledge and resources needed to prepare for and pass the certification exams.
Once you’ve earned your CompTIA A+ certification, you can start applying for IT help desk jobs and prove to employers that you are capable and qualified for the job. With the help of your certification, you can confidently demonstrate your knowledge and skills as an IT professional, and start your career as an IT help desk technician.